View Single Post
Old 2007-01-29, 09:54   Link #98
wao
OK.

Yes!! I still cannot get used to him doing Suzaku. It's just...

I don't know if the producers did it to attract attention or whatever but it just seems way too much like they swapped Fukuyama and Sakurai's typecasting for that show. Normally I'd expect Fukuyama to do something like Suzaku, but...

And yeah, I was thinking about that controversy. It would be logical for his management company or whatever to give him a low profile until everyone largely forgets about it. It really saddened me because I do like hearing him and it'd be a damn pity if he drops out soon...

I was also wondering if Namikawa's rank dropped thanks to Musashi (oh god, I can't believe the same guy who's voicing Akizuki did "Uoh! Mabushi!!"...) But evidently he's still popular enough to stay up there!

Koyama Rikiya's role as a professional actor/non-anime voice actor reminds me a bit of Gouda Hozumi (郷田ほづみ) who I think has done some acting before, and went on to become a sound director... In all the shows he's done, I always find the sound effects somewhat lacking, but the acting makes up for it. I think that's where his forte is (doesn't really put so much emphasis on the technical parts of it, it seems).

I suppose Miyano Mamoru's role in Ouran and Death Note must have sealed it for him... That's definitely got to count for some upshoot in popularity.

I wonder what Yamadera's been doing lately though, such that he still is on that list. I guess it's just that his fans must be very dedicated and even his old roles still carry a lot of influence and memory.
(I don't keep up with this sorta thing, all I know is that in Iroha he's been coming in very occasionally as Sakamoto Ryouma, brandishing a Tosa dialect no less)