View Single Post
Old 2013-01-17, 17:10   Link #2266
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Okay, you've just sort of appeared out of nowhere and I don't take kindly to people who question my maturity, in particular because you don't know anything about me (nor I you) so that's not a good way to start a discussion. What I would add is, regardless of whether you relate to him, like him, admire him, want to be him -- regardless of all that .. objectively assessing about whether they portray qualities that people in a civil society should admire is something entirely different. I get that you like him a lot, but let's put emotion aside.

Anyways, generally what I would say is: 1) you're not comprehending what I'm writing and have taken it out of the context I wrote it in and 2) your statements about "You gotta do what is necessary for yourself and your loved ones" is all fine and good but flies directly against anyone that is deemed a "hero" willing to sacrifice themselves to save others (including your own example) -- ie. Firemen, Soldiers, etc. Sometimes a hero jumps on a grenade. Sometimes a hero sacrifices his own family for the good of <insert: others, nation, people, world>.

I am not questioning Tatsuya's resolve. I am saying Tatsuya is an artificially altered human with limited emotions and would have only "slight regret" if his own classmates were massacred (Volume 4 Chapter 11) and would do nothing to stop it, even though he can. Heck, if it meant increased safety for Miyuki, he'd go around doing the massacring himself.

I personally like Tatsuya as well. I'm just saying he's not a hero. Heck, he's not even a good person.

PS: -Snip-

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-18 at 00:44.