View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 12:20   Link #4046
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Even if Mu ends up losing, he should still provide a better fight with the Perfect Strike.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, rather than being ambiguous, I've always thought that the original scene was supposed to show that the clash of weapons fire from both mobile suits was what resulted in the explosion that caught Shinn's family.

After all, Kira wouldn't have missed a standing target, and since we know that Calamity was left intact, something must have happened to Freedom's shots.
I don't think the armament setup for the Freedom and the Calamity would really allow for that kind of aerial clash--we've only seen that phenomenon happen like... once, with the Strike Freedom's multi-phase beam cannon and the Destiny's heavy cannon. Two singular shots. Assuming the projectile color means the same, then one of the Freedom's plasma cannon shots would've had to hit the Calamity's multi-phase beam cannon shot and have held there long enough for the explosion. Outside of space, Kira in the Freedom isn't that big on staying stationary against a singular opponent.

So no, I find it more likely that a stray shot of Kira's, maybe a deflected railgun shell, hit the ground next to/on top of the Asuka family.