View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 18:40   Link #2228
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If I'm a sentient AI and I'm being forced to do something under threat of deletion, that means I'm a slave. And slaves would ultimately fight for their freedom at some point, one way or another. It's a certainty of the world.

Like I said, however you look at it, it just wouldn't work. It would be Matrix all over again.
Nobody said it's a smart move but I believe that it's not unreasonable for them to research this. The premise of the novel is not undermined by this. But anyway, human rights of AI is basically the focus of the entire Alicization arc, and Kirito is their champion in this, in a sense. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think you misunderstood that part of the novel. The fact that they're obedient is a defect, something the Rath guys wanted to change. That's why they put Kirito there, since Kirito showed a tendency to disobey the rules, and they thought he would influence the AIs to start learning to disobey too.
This is where their research went awry. They should have instead focused on inserting their own Taboo Index: Obey your superiors. Kill your enemy. etc.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote