Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou (Dog & Scissors)
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-10, 05:02   Link #34
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It really does look like it was made a decade ago (not in a good way). Nice to see that GONZO hasn't improved their technical skills even after coming back from the dead.
Well Gonzo sure does provides animation outsourcing in shows that aren't animated by them (there's an episode of Psycho-Pass that was credited by them from what I've seen) so I'm not saying they don't improve their skills much, however seeing the production scandal back in 2009, Gonzo has no choice but be reduced into nothing more than an "amnesic" studio who lost everything precious in their own.
As far their comeback go, I liked Leviathan and while they avoid some seriously awful animation issues kind of tropes, it still suffered low budget (especially with the latest episode). Hopefully, the animation will look better in Dogs & Scissors but I doubt it since their newest production, KNIM, will probably have a better budget than this.

The reason why I got into Dogs & Scissors was because I have a major weak spot for cutely drawn animals, regardless of being involved in frustrating scenarios or not. The fact that I've seen a good number of shows depicting sadistic cases might help relating me into the character interactions, and this is probably the first anime where animal cruelty plays a relevant part to the story, but I don't know where the execution might be.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote