View Single Post
Old 2013-07-13, 00:07   Link #2373
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Forgive me. But, I'll just be a tiny bit stubborn about this.
No worries. I'm watching Achiga with a friend right now so I'll be keeping an eye out for mentions. (I've already made him watch Saki s1 with me. )

Quote:
Episode 25 said the taisho of the last year's champion school, Shiraitodai. Just as the magazine has introduced Teru as the Taisho of Shiraitodai also. I thought of this as introducing Teru as the Club leader for their team. Since, this conservation happened now, they used the present position. Meaning if Teru was vice-president last year but she became president now. They will use President when talking about her in the current conversation even when talking about Teru's past performance.
Perhaps. I agree that's a plausible interpretation.

Quote:
Teru wasn't definitely the vanguard when Toki joined Senriyama for the Winter/Spring tournament. Remember, Toki joined after the Interhigh. This is why Teru and Toki only battled it out for this current tournament. Anyway, I do agree that Teru could have been the captain player or any other position except Vanguard for this particular tournament. But, do note, that it is a change of the normal line-up for Shiraitodai which has been explicitly said in the text.
Sera says: "It's all because Shiraitodai used a different order for the spring tournament." This doesn't mean that the spring tournament line up was unusual for Teru not being first. It's just different from this Inter-High line up, which is true by virtue of the fact that Teru didn't play vanguard in the spring tournament and in this tournament, she is.

Ep. 10 of Achiga... Kokaji-pro, 9:28 says - "Miyanaga only became the team's first player after this year's Inter-High preliminaries." Which, to me, means she hasn't been vanguard before until *this* tournament.

Quote:
But, for the last year Interhigh, it has been heavily implied that Teru was the vanguard. But, even if it was not the case, one of the position that Teru could not be in is the Captain. Remember what Ryuuka said when she narrated how the team lost to Toki? That they were already behind by so much points before her turn came to play. Ryuuka was the captain in the last year interhigh and that line implied Miyanaga Teru played a position before captain.
Not particularly. I'm inclined to think last year's team was stronger. Last year had 3 third years who graduated. This opens up 3 spots for the incoming Awai and Seiko and Takami.

Sera lost a lot of points as Senriyama's ace (i.e. as Vanguard, the spot that Toki now takes) at last year's Inter-High, but the players she lost to were all 'third years' who suddenly flared up with amazing powers. And none of those silhouettes match Teru's.

Quote:
I chose Vanguard for Teru's position in the last year's interhigh primarily because of Shindouji. Mairu is the vanguard player last year and implied to have lost badly to other aces. We know that Teru has used her magic mirror on Mairu before. So yeah.
It's not clear to me that Mairu lost to Teru in particular as vanguard at the previous Inter-High only that she lost to other aces. I'm not sure they even actually made it far enough in last year's Inter-High tournament to play Shiraitodai since apparently they've been losing early at nationals.

Manga says Teru saw Mairu at the *spring tournament* where we know Teru was not vanguard.

You know... I sort of wonder if Shiraitodai has been using spring tournament to place Teru in weird spots where she can use her mirror on troublesome opponents to gather information for Inter-High...