View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 01:33   Link #286
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Rating wise I decided to do weirdly cause I feel like it :
Spoiler for Animation:
Spoiler for Voice Acting:
Spoiler for Music:
Script/Story: Giving separate rating below.

Editing: 10, I can't say I ever noticed anything wrong with it editing wise, so nothing off here.

Enjoyment: 10, I really enjoyed the series for the most part.
Spoiler for Emotional Involvement:
Normal total: 62.5/60
Now for the weird part rating each portion of story separately:
Spoiler for Begining:
Spoiler for Makoto:
Spoiler for Mai/Sayuri:
Spoiler for Shiori:
Spoiler for Ayu/Nayuki:
Spoiler for Ending:

Arcs Total: 31.5/35

Attack Chance: +4/5 , generated from the laughs had in the series xD.

Overall: 98/100, so I'll round a 9.8 to a 10 for Kanon 2006 as it sits as my 9th ranked series atm.

Also I can't help but compare to other key series I've seen, so on that I still feel Clannad is a much better series in personally preference, since I felt it did a better job in terms of making a choice romance wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yea, I'd say the first half dozen episodes are not very good and seemed to have wasted a bit of time, and that hurt the rest of the anime a bit.
Ya, I agree with is in part why I also felt Angel Beats[7th to me] was only little bit better than it cause I felt it used most of it's time better comparatively, and it had a baseball episode, I mean what kind of key series doesn't have a random baseball episode?
Edit: Also I should mention I felt the middle of the series Mai/Sayuri/Shiori portion was better than good deal of Angel Beats, but a whole level I felt Angel Beats did better to make that clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I just finished watching Kanon 2006.

I made a long review of it over here on my blog.
Spoiler for Slightly off topic comment to Triple_R/Archon Wing:

Man, it's been a while since I wrote a post this long, hopefully I didn't make any silly mistake and cause some ridiculous pairing to be thought of like I did with Clannad .
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-07-15 at 02:02. Reason: Various reasons :3
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote