View Single Post
Old 2021-10-07, 13:41   Link #14
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I personally don't see the issue with starting from Alternative.

I am of the idea that Unlimited and Alternative should have really been one single game, after all Unlimited has all the routes except one and Alternative has the remaining route and only focuses on that one. But since it was hard to create a whole game with just one route they padded it with an infinite amount flashbacks of Unlimited and inserted a lot of characters from other Age games.

So basically you can play Alternative without having played Unlimited and you would still know everything that you missed because the VN makes damn sure to expose all the relevant parts, to the point that I, as someone who played Unlimited and Alternative one after the other, found all those flashbacks extremely tedious and annoying.

So basically Alternative isn't a sequel of Unlimited at all, they both start from the same point, but Alternative skips some parts and jumps to its own route.

But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this anime will actually include several parts from Unlimited, mixing up the two as it should have been from the beginning, and they simply called it Alternative because it's the more famous of the two. It would certainly make more sense than showing flashbacks over flashbacks.

Thus the only real problem is the absence of Muv Luv Extra, but it's really a completely different type of story, and to be honest it's a pretty mediocre story with some atrocious routes and if they animated it, it would only cause people to drop the series and miss the actual gem.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote