View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 21:31   Link #227
Midonin
Last Engage

Appare! Samurai Bride 01 - Financially Shrewd, Like the Nezu Sisters

Before I get to anything else, let's get this out of the way. We've got a Houkago Tea Time reunion going on here. Gutsugutsu and Sen are reprising their roles, but Hikasa and Satou are both among the Dark Samurai. No Taketatsu, but having the core four is a pretty good achievement. pixiv, don't let me down on this. The opportunity is before you.

The first episode recaptured a lot of what I liked about the first season. The awesome sumi-e esque art style. The samurai magical girl aspect. The right mixture of comedy, fanservice and once again, samurai magical girls. And a bit of alternate history. The only ones who, oddly, aren't empowered are the ones who were in the last show. Matabei/Katsuragi and Hanzo/Mirai. Though one of them might be next time, as the characters themselves discussed.

Having Jubei and Muneakira nerfed is understandable, and the last battle of S1 did clearly take a lot out of them. I will never get tired of everybody treating Gutsugutsu like nature's punching bag. Seeing the "Warrior of Love" flail around is always hilarious. Who knows? She may even get a moment to shine this season... maybe. The universe needs to transfer its bad mojo somewhere.

It may have been about three years since the last series, but I feel like I'm back in the groove as easily as I was then. Let's do this.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote