View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 03:47   Link #2794
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Japanese Snaggletooth Craze Spawns Dental Procedures, Girl Group:

"Americans regularly fork over $5,000 to fix a crooked smile with braces. But in
Japan, women are spending about $400 for just the opposite. On the other side of
the planet, imperfect teeth are becoming a thing of beauty.

Japan's beauty trend, dubbed "tseuke-yaeba," has reached a fever pitch, with
young women paying hundreds for snaggleteeth."

See:

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/japane...194500258.html
Beauty thing? It's utter crap, I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I would attribute crooked teeth to lower usage/pressure of cosmetic and correctional dentistry or other external unnatural factors like what Genji said. To say Japanese naturally have worse teeth than others (at such high rates, at least) would be a textbook example of "correlation does not imply causation".
Even I, as someone with Asian roots, can't understand how and why they don't take correctional dentistry or anything else to correct the issue. When I look at how correctional techniques are now refined (many of my friends are dentists, mind you) and how diet for good-looking/healthy teeth is vastly documented, I just don't get the wankfest in Japan over this thing.

As you mentioned in another post, movie stars may be the only ones filing to get their teeth worked out by a professional. However, that is no excuse for people to go the opposite way with something ridiculous such as the Tsuke-Yaeba trend. Hell! I'd love to have the full sexy looks of some of the Japanese or Korean male singers.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote