View Single Post
Old 2021-01-13, 17:14   Link #2028
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
This.

I think the dems in a sense want to spit back in Trump's face for all he did the last 4 years, and of course more recently. This is literally their last attempt to which is why they're pushing so hard for this go to through. I'm nowhere near a politician or know anything about politics, but I don't think much will actually happen to the country if Trump is impeached (aside from losing benefits, whatever they may be). It just seems (based on my passionate friends) that most important outcome if he is impeached is that he can't run for president. That's an understandable reason. If he isn't impeached, I think he will run for president again unless the Reps can provide a more suitable candidate. People tend to forget that Trump didn't lose this election by a landslide. He lost by a somewhat a close margin, but it's important to note that he got at least 45% of the country on his side. That says a lot, whether you think that's a good thing or not.
7 million votes isn't a small margin.

Quote:
In the end, I personally think this is petty BS between adults. 7 days left in office and they still want to impeach. I understand the reason behind some of the impeachment articles (inciting riots, etc), but what a freaking waste of time. There's a lot more this country and its lawmakers should be dealing with rather than bickering and spitting in each others' face. The hate is so strong. Doesn't matter if you're a Dem or a Rep.
He's partly responsible for an attempted coup. Impeachment is both the least and the most they can do.