View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 11:32   Link #16
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
in the game, can you make a romantic relationship with any of the girls with Luke?

also i heard the party was extra harsh in the game compared to the anime with Luke when he was used by his father figure and killed all those people in that village.
Late reply, but no, you cannot. The game does not have relationship gauge system of some sorts (like Star Ocean for most recent example, Persona Series (Except Eternal Punishment one) for the most famous example or Thousand Arms or any other games that have this kind of thing).

'Tales of' storyline is pretty linear, even the 'affection gauge' in TO Innocence does not have any impact to the scenario-it gives you only special skits once it reaches certain level amount. It does not change/affect any of the characters' dialogue and future events.

For the second one, I'm not really sure anymore (despite it being the highlight of the game, I have not played the game for a long time), but while it is basically he same, the game is indeed, harsher than the anime in certain point of view, with the party finally snapped at Luke's egoist attitude of some sort, kind of like blaming him completely and the words they use are pretty harsh (I think in both Japanese and English version).