View Single Post
Old 2007-03-01, 15:51   Link #747
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire] View Post
For the past few months I have been going around and talking to as much anime fans as I could in my city and surrounding areas.
Where is "my city?" That's a dangerous way to try to summarize what the "average leecher" of fansubs want.

I live in US, in a med-small sized town (population 300,000). I don't know of many people who don't have broadband in my area. And the broadband availability is quickly propagating to rural areas too. So, if I take my area as example, I'd say that I can safely assume that average people (especially people who want to watch fansubs) have their own access to broadband.

Even after reading what could have been a semi-extensive analysis of the situation, it doesn't have any weight of credibility. We're distributing our digisubs over the internet, so show me the desires of the average internet-user fansub watchers if you want to sound at all convincing.

Just for the record, when Froth-Bite made a hard switch to h.264/mp4 format a little over a year ago, we only had to assist a handful of people to get them set up to watch our releases. If the requirement to watch those files were truly cryptic, then I think we would have been more overwhelmed with questions from those leechers.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote