Thread: Miyuki
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-22, 16:52   Link #8
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

It's good to see that there is actually someone apart from Minor Ja Nai in fansubbing old Adachi works.

Unfortunalety, from what I heard, the quality of this ep 12 sub isn't very great, video-wise and english translation/adaptation-wise, the last due to the translation being done by using the latin-american dub dialogues (the group itself is spanish, I think). As for the video, I have no idea why there are black bars all around the image, "squeeching" the image into a weird 16:9 look.

Before genki-fansubs start throwing rocks at me , this is not a rant or a bashing from me. It's more of a "warning" to "rookies" in anime, so they don't think that all old series will have that look. I'm sure genki-fansubs had their reasons and/or limitations and that they would improve the video if they could.

It's still, of course, a tremendous initiative from the group. Surely a group like genki-fansubs isn't fansubbing just to get the maximum leechers from and to get popularity, since usually picking old series don't help in that matter. They are, indeed, true fans, of this great show by Mitsuru Adachi.

(And no, I wasn't payed to write this. )

It would be cool if some of the staff members could share their thoughts in this thread.