View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 20:49   Link #12
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

@Relentlessflame: ok, i need to explain myself better:

i'm a bored guy, and in order to forget for a moment of this eventless and boring life, i like to take a deep breath and imagine to be one of those characters of animes, that surely got an eventful life. In order to do so, i prefer the protagonist to be male, so that it's like it was actually me leading the plot. That's it. It's clear that if it's a girl, i can't really imagine to be a girl.

Now, as previously stated, i mostly eat romances, and since those mean getting involved with girls, i of course feel bad when something bad happens to one of the girls of the story, since they are, most of the time, the love's object (For example, she loves you, but for some reason, you happen to hurt her in someway, so you feel bad for her as a reader, and feel bad as a protagonist). Now, i wouldn't want you to think that i only feel bad for the protagonist feeling bad: for example, in School Days, i actually hated Makoto, but nonetheless felt bad for all the girls.

I hope it's clear now; it's not that i can't relate with girls or things like that, it's that i want to imagine to be the protagonist, but in order to do so, the protagonist has to be male and even fit my personality (because if he's a crybaby, or stupid, or an horny dog or a kid looking and "pure" boy, i'm not going to enjoy it). This is only my problem tho, because i actually am too strict on this requirement. I'm actually working to get over this, but the more i encounter likeable protagonists, the harder it gets.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote