Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-14, 12:42   Link #1001
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYVIRGO666
you know from where i am in the sieres and how you guys go in it i dont think akamatsus so bad and hentais not as decadent and people talk about(but still wierd) and that dude from texas its not yer fault you dont like akamatsu your genetically inclined to be a prude.

and where the hell do you guys get these wierd doujin iv never seen akamatsus old stuff
1) the punctuation and caplock keys are not THAT far away on the keyboard ... it would help because we're having to guess at what you mean in the middle part.
2) we'll hope you were trying to be funny with that last bit - because without the smiley face it looks a like a personal attack on rooboy (that dude from Texas) - against forum rules.

You seem to be confusing critical analysis for dislike. Few here dislike Ken A. -- but there's a variety of opinion about the amount of nudity situations as well as the amount of action since the series attracts people who read it for a variety of different reasons. Japanese culture views nudity contextually (e.g. in the bath its no big deal) which can be jarring even to people aware that customs differ.

Negima is a very popular series, but Americans in general can be caught off guard by the level of nudity (especially with a pack of 14 year old girls and a 10 year old boy even though its non-sexual). Maybe one day they'll stop equating nudity with sex in America (snort, laugh).
(I'm American so I'm allowed to make fun of my society by definition)