Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 21:37   Link #2912
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but where in the anime has it been absolutely determined that only Aaeru and Neviril accomplished the "true" Emerald Ri Maajon? I agree that Onashia and Dominura failed, or didn't accomplish the Emerald when they were with Chor Dextra (odd, since Amuria's failed Emerald caused and explosion and so did the other Chor Dextra members, so why are these two (and Aaeru's grandfather) still alive? Unless they just didn't manage to do it?) but nothing clearly states that Limone and Dominura didn't succeed.

In the end of the anime, you can see Aaeru and Neviril popping in and out of time. And Limone and Dominura are about to leave their "past" time to go to other times/worlds. To me, this indicates that they too are doing the same thing that Aaeru and Neviril are doing, and so that they also accomplished the Emerald. Of course, you could disagree with my interpretation.

That's an interesting idea I didn't think of, I'll have to think on that.
I think part of the key lays with the fact that both Limone and Dominura have shown to have aged, which is not true of Neviril and Aaeru. And by its very definition fails to make them "eternal maidens". I think they partially succeeded, however, but the fact that Dominura begins to sparkle further reaffirms this fact to me.

Yes, I am of the opinion that Dominura and Onashia are one and the same, and I feel that the story is much more complete to me that way. I have been of this opinion since my first viewing, and would think that Limone, Dominura and Onashia's stories would have appeared a little directionless and lifeless without the added "reveal" at the end. Otherwise I question the screentime spent on the lot of them. That, and I cannot find another explanation for why Yun says Dominura's name randomly in the Spring.

I need to place an addendum here: I really, really love all of the discussions that take place in this thread. Other than a few exceptions, intelligent discussion (again something I find hard to find at times) can seemingly be carried out without someone getting defensive or taking disagreements with points of view personally. I come back to this thread when I find my brain liquefying from other "<insert character name here> izzz so kawaiii!!!11oneoneroflcopter" discussions. So keep it up everyone.

Last edited by Fweakin; 2009-04-12 at 21:46. Reason: Name dyslexia
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote