View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 21:24   Link #450
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

@justavisitor:Geez, I don't want to reply to that without demeriting the series, since despite its many flaws this series is still good for being a mecha, which may not come across through my somewhat sore reviewing. I am enjoying this for the most part, even if its only for the visual and sound oriented feast. However I don't really think this is the kind of series where there is anything to let "sink in". The story is straightforward, and so are the character relationships and interactions. There lies one of its strength and weakness, since by being direct it can very easily get its message across, however it is also easy to see its failings.

@Dex-kun: While I normally agree with you, in that I give space for the series to prove itself even when it resorts to cliches, there are levels for everything, and this one goes beyond my normally high level of tolerance.

Maybe I'm coming more sore than my usual optimistic self because normally this is not my type of series. Believe, for this being a mecha, I am complaining less than I normally would for a mecha series.