View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 23:16   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Well I certainly got told. I didn't go about explaining that one very well did I. There is a pattern you see. Alot of these manga and light novel writers are single males and most possibly an otaku, when they write a story they most probably wanna project them self's as the courageous stalwart hero of the land. (Hell lots of people do) Now in order to make them seem sincere they give the character that they project onto a default personality, the dense, bewildered teen with a sense of right and wrong. Believe it or not that's a strong possibility. I was being a little bias when I called it a pathetic attempt but I'm just longing for a series like these with some compelling characters. It could be a cash in attempt since the whole boy meets loli girl, love triangle thing is ridding high at the moment but soon enough something's gonna need to change.
You'll be surprised how many of them are actually women- Harem series like Sekirei, Ichigo 100%, and lesser known Girls Bravo were written by women.

Writers don't automatically project themselves into the main character they try to write, you're discriminating writers base on the story they write and the characters they use.

That's like saying everyone that watches Anime are otakus- a shut-in and delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Yes I do assume that was be from Aria's pov. I didn't go into something like Alan Wake thinking it would be form his wife's pov and the same applies here. I've been through too many series like this when I though "hey this looks interesting, I wonder what crazy adventures this character is gonna get herself into." And them I start watching it and go "Oh it's about another hormonal teen looking for something to hump. Well at least I can hope for some interesting chemistry betwe- never mind he's too interested in girls with big boobs to commit to a decent relationship." Maybe this is my own idealistic view but I really hate when it happens.
Or maybe you went into Alan Wake thinking/knowing that you'll be playing Alan Wake and not his wife because the synopsis at the back of the game box tells you so as well as dozen of articles.

Likewise the synopsis of this series tells you that the lead character and pov would be Kinji's not Aria. I highly doubt you would go into the series completely blind.