View Single Post
Old 2017-03-04, 01:31   Link #728
tdx

Yeah, Julietta is conspicuously absent. McGillis is still alive though, I'm sure. All the Tekkadan guys gathered for Orga's speech about what to do next... I'm a bit bothered with the pic with Merribit because I don't recognize the background...? Did Tekkadan have chairs with blue backrests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The way that Orga has everyone standing out there, I have to wonder if he's actually going to disband Tekkadan in order to protect everyone since they are on the run from the law.
That's a possibility, though I wouldn't have believed it earlier.

As to predictions... what if Mars is going to become the last defense line now. Like, Rustal is going to mount an attack on Tekkadan's own planet now to crush them and the traitors of Martian GH branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Thank god Kudelia's back (to a degree).....its just so wasteful to leave her hanging off to the side after the amount of time they dedicated to her before
Yeah, thanks goodness! And she's out of that terrible official-esque outfit and into some normal clothes, hurray! Now I'm praying they'll give her something to do other than worrying sick about Mika, being Atra's love confidant and feeling useless. Don't make her sneak around the hallways of the base, just let her talk to Orga already, to the other 4 high ranked guys we see in those pics, have a meaningful discussion with those in charge, for Christ's sake! Am I asking too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
This actually goes to a scene I noticed in the PV where Eugene is piloting and giving out orders and you can see Orga is leaning against a table or something slightly hunched over like someone lightly gut-punched him. I don't know if this pic takes place before or after that scene, but Eugene is basically taking command as Orga is in shock.

I actually have to admire Eugene here, as he was actually probably closer to Shino than anyone else, the two actually being in most of their scenes together. How he must be secretly hurting and yet is strong enough to push it back in order to keep up command even while his own leader is falling apart. Eugene has been constantly in the background this season, but I'm going to give him his props here. He has a strength to him that isn't always obvious. but it's there.
I like the take of Hosoya and Kawanishi in one of their interviews that with Biscuit's death Orga lost the only confidant he could show his doubts and insecurities to, the not "cool Orga Itsuka". He desperately needs it but obviously can't show them to his men due to his leader position, and the only other person who is close to him and could be that kind of confidant is Mika. Except when Orga's composure failed him and he ended up showing those cracks to Mika, Mika either physically manhandled him into shutting it all inside and putting up a front (the creepy scene in the aftermath of Biscuit's death), manhandled him into it with words (the scene in episode 37 in the aftermath of the MA incident) or just walked out on him (on the train before Carta came). Figures, I guess, because how can you expect a guy who's been living suppressing and killing his emotions to help someone else deal with theirs. Since then, Orga forced himself to always keep all of his doubts locked inside, desperately forcing himself to believe in the facade he's been putting up, that's why he got so worked up when Naze poked at it.

It's sort of interesting how Eugene and Orga seemed to switch roles right now: Eugene resembles the s1 Orga, with the corresponding confidence, strength and decisiveness (naturally, since he's been diligently and inspiredly imitating Orga for quite some time now), while Orga right now isn't unlike Eugene at the beginning when he panicked, doubted and hesitated (particularly obvious in the very first battle in episodes 1&2).

I like it how Eugene finally figured out in his last talk with Shino just what kind of harsh pressure Tekkadan unwittingly put on their leader, that's definite character development right there, only it took him too long. If he'd stopped being just another obedient yesman earlier, it would've been much easier on Orga. Now I'm afraid Eugene will be showing his growth and newfound resolve by dying somewhere along the line...

Well, in any case, until Orga can pull himself together, I'm praying he stays away from his Shiden for the foreseeable future, because with his current mentality, going into the field is pretty much the death sentence.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote