View Single Post
Old 2017-03-05, 01:16   Link #737
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Somehow this statement sounds really sexist, even though I know what you meant. Poor Atra, always relegated to the kitchen.

But in all seriousness though, I think she should be out there with the other members during the speech. More than even Kudelia, she's an official member of Tekkadan along with Merribit. Their futures are at stake here too.
Blame the show In s1 Atra's interactions included people other than Mika and Kudelia, were meaningful, she demonstrated care for other members, be it Biscuit or nameless kids, and in Dorts and during the last attack she showed there was more to her than just her affections for Mika. In s2 though she, and even Kudelia, feel little more than Mika attachments. For Kudelia I still have some hope, but the show made me give up on seeing anything non-Mika or cooking related from Atra, alas.

Maybe she is, just somewhere by Mika's side and we simply weren't shown that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I guess I should say, less Mika, and moreso Tekkadan. Mika of course carries the spirit of his hero, but he has also admired Tekkadan as a whole. And he has constantly thought that there is more to them, and they can be more than even they themselves see. While different form his original plan, people like Tekkadan could spark change, especially if they have people like Kudelia helping them (hopefully ).

I actually got a feeling that McGillis might sacrifice himself back when he was talking to Amiria. Just something in his words sounded like a goodbye.
That's a huge and seemingly pretty hopeless gambit with Tekkadan, considering that they never particularly cared about actively bettering the world, and even if Orga started giving a damn about that (still definitely not his first priority), after this failure Tekkadan's very survival is very much up in the air... not to mention no means of political/economical influence of their own (only what Kudelia has, and Kudelia, while definitely an ally, isn'i exactly Tekkadan).

Well, all in all, I think we all can agree that the final battle wasn't exactly final at all.

Btw, since the trip from Earth to Mars is at least 2-3 weeks, and all the Tekkadan members were on their sole surviving ship all the time, why wait till they get to Mars to have crucial leader meetings?

p.s. Based on the additional pics from twitter, Derma really might be a goner.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote