View Single Post
Old 2009-08-15, 10:44   Link #1928
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I find the way she ran away from singing to the survivors a very clear example of fleeing responsibilities - that she accepted beforehand. You don't?

Sure, you can pull the card of "why doesn't anyone care about how she feels" reasoning, but... I don't really care about her feelings at that point. She hurt many people that day, who were only expecting a glimmer of hope from her songs.

Also, by leaving Frontier with Brera, she also skirted her assumed role. Something that Sheryl had to lend a hand with later on, even at the cost of her own life, I might add.
And as I said, she sang to stop Vajra in the previous (or the same?) episode, and in the same (or following??) episode, she goes out to search for peace...so in my opinion, she never backs down from her responsibility

And about leaving with Brera, I have continuously used the card "Ranka intends to talk, if there is a deal, good, if not, Brera can take her home" "Grace's interfere is out of Ranka's plan" "reaching peace deal between human and vajra is more important, especially if Ranka plans to go back and defend if the peace deal doesn't go through" etc to suggest that she is not backing away from her duty
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet