View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 13:41   Link #3700
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I will reply further, but I should note that Destroy has you killing EDI and the geth as collateral damage of killing the Reapers, else the Reapers will kill everyone. You're not choosing to kill EDI and the geth intentionally, but you recognise that they will be collateral damage and press on.

Note, however, that EDI preferred death over being suborned by the Reapers. She would rather die than be brainwashed and controlled by the Reapers. And yet I still see arguments for doinf the same unto the Reapers. *shakes head*

as for Destroy, I can draw parallels to the deployment of nuclear weapons at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which achieved the objective of eliminating opposition from the Imperial Japanese military, at the cost of not-insignificant civilian casualties. I should also note that more Japanese civilians died in the conventional bombing and firebombing campaigns that took place earlier.

More detailed replies coming in the next few hours as I need to sleep.

And Valiant Chaos's analogy is not what I would call sarcastic or insulting, given that it's an excellent analogy for Synthesis ported into present day.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote