View Single Post
Old 2015-10-03, 15:53   Link #49
Shlugo

So the hero is a kinda meek guy who is actually pretty strong, came to school searching for answers, and wants now trouble but gets in a fight on the first day.
The heroine is a high-strung Tsundere Princess who uses fire magic, and has her own mysterious goal.
The setting is a city with magical schools where people fight all the time, and the main event is a tournament where the winner will have his wish granted.
Also, the first thing hero does upon arriving is accidentally catch the heroine naked, and they get in a fight over it.

Okay, yeah I can see that this isn't the most original anime ever, but I liked the first episode. The pacing was good and the episode gave us a good feel for the setting. The animation was good, especially during fights, which looked awesome. I love how the magic looks in this world.

As for characters, Ayato is sympathetic enough but kind of just there at the moment, hopefully this'll change in the next episode. Julis on the other hand is awesome. She's badass, fiery and doesn't take shit from anyone, I love her already.
Claudia is... a shamer pretending to be nice, which was so obvious from her behavior that she didn't even have to explain that. The reporter guy is just your standard male lead sidekick.

I'm happy that this has 24 episodes, as I learned from experience that 12 is way too few for such a story, and results in cuts and rushing. With 24 episodes we'll hopefully get good amount of the story at a reasonable peace.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote