View Single Post
Old 2022-03-27, 10:19   Link #315
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I wouldn't really call it Deus ex Oppai when it's been foreshadowed the entire arc and also completely failed to actually do the thing it was attempted for.
I called it "Deus Ex Oppai" because that's what the Ambrosia transformation literally is; a god, or an avatar of such, being transposed onto Kai by way of the oppai of certain female characters. We don't know if it will fail just yet. Yes, it was foreshadowed, but the story is still relying on new God-Cursed forms to resolve whatever situation Kai and the other characters get into, hence the reference to Deus Ex Machina.

Quote:
Considering Shera was right there and arguably has a better power set to offer for this conflict one could argue this is plot convience to let Aldia offer her powers, but at the same time they point out in the chapter that they need to somehow overwhelm the tribesmen to break their momentum. Their former chief showing up and summoning a god monster more or less makes sense from a tactical standpoint for maximum psychological impact.
The "flammable liquid" being poured onto the Nomads' prisoners seems to be something like gasoline or the like. Water (from Shiera's God Curse form) isn't very good at putting out fires from flammable liquids. If Aldia's God Curse form is what I think it is (it's been implied to have command over the Earth element, in its sand form which is what the desert has plenty of), then sand is well-suited to extinguishing the fires from a flammable liquid.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure Ambrosia is supposed to be something people are just born with, it's not like Aldia suddenly got it one day.
We still don't know how female characters in this manga actually get "blessed" with Ambrosia. And even if they were born with it, how do they detect its presence in a female character? Does it manifest by a certain age? Who or what can detect Ambrosia's presence?

Quote:
I suppose he could technically still cow them, but between the bloodlust and the fact that they've already tried to fry the captives, at this point he's probably going to be forced to actually physically subdue them.

Depending on the form his powers take that may not be a problem, but crushing the nomads to protect the city dwellers is not exactly the scenario they want out of this at the moment.
Kai and his friends don't need to kill the Nomads, they just need to get them to listen to Aldia's authority somehow. Using Aldia's God Curse form to do something like summon up a flesh-rending sandstorm (applied for a short enough time) on the specific Nomads running amok could do the trick.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote