Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 05:58   Link #76
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I've got to say that I'm puzzled about some of the negative initial reviews. I respectfully disagree, it was a very coherent start which calmly laid out ALOT of the background already, in a manner that I found pleasing. There was no over-the-top comedy or other antics, just proper storytelling. And I believe that especially the approach to "show" Touya's thoughts like this might come in quite handy.

The story has no direction? Of course it has - we're shown the troubles of a couple in which one partner gets tossed into the idol business, with the resulting gradual estrangement. I mean, I don't know the show or the game, but it's pretty obvious to me where it's heading. And with the possible exception of Haruka, there was no single character that acted "weird" - and even her reaction got a plausible explanation. In short, this show will probably take 2-3 more episodes until the cast has been properly introduced. And well - then we'll see
I think it's backward: people have negative reviews because this is the first episode and they found it's boring. Rather than boring, I think it's more of a hard-to-understand unless you watch it for a few times, in which all conversations will start to make sense. But again, a calm start is not always a good start.

I have one regret, though. I shouldn't watch the legendary MAD prior to watching the episode... I keep expecting Nana Mizuki saying "RETURN MY BOYFRIEND" in my head and unable to keep my attention throughout my first watching.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote