View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 10:45   Link #317
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
EDIT: Oh wow, just saw the article about Araki meeting Clint Eastwood, and having him do Jotaro pose. That's just sheer awesome.

Heh, I actually posted that article about a week ago in the thread for the manga. But yeah, I guess I should've posted it here instead since more people would pay attention to the anime, anyway.....

Anyways, I've been wanting to give my impressions of the anime for a long while now, but limited internet access on my end prevented that. But luckily, I JUST finished marathoning the first 2 episodes! And what can I say, it's over-the-top, just as I'd expect from Jojo (though the violence was very obviously toned down..... it's been a good while since I've last read Phantom Blood, but I specifically recall we actually SAW Danny burning to death). And man, I had somewhat forgotten what a huge dick Dio was way back then ("Sure, I'll teach you boxing techniques, but never tell Jojo about it!"). But now I'm just waiting for when a certain Mr. Zeppeli (easily one of the most badass early Jojo characters) finally appears.....

Also, LOVE that opening. But still, it's going to be really weird to see how the anime handles all of the Jojo sagas past Stardust Crusaders....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote