View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 03:47   Link #1697
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Yep, which is why someone might need to put Touma in that role to even things out.
There's no point in doing that because it won't establish how cool and awesome your new character is since Touma is a weak hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Frankly speaking, if there's a character they don't like or if the author even makes a slight deviation from canon mechanics, you have people calling them sues and god mode sues and what not just to satisfy themselves.
After a glance at the list of Sues, I'm almost certain anybody that does anything good and meaningful is liable to be labeled a Sue.

Everyone must have a dark side! Everyone must do one bad thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
But, as a reader to all you readers... how many of you would prefer the story to be more 'Original Flavour' rather than taking 'Broad Strokes' from canon?
Simply put, if I wanted an AU with the cast of the series completely westernized and in high school (I'm look at you Digimon, Teen Titans, Naruto, Shaman King, Fatal Frame, Eva, DOA, Ranma, Inuyasha, Guilty Gear etc), I wouldn't be in this business. To me, the fanfictions are suppose to tell the stories that the author can't tell by exploring concepts that he can't use so freely. My single most important thing is to keep the character's personalities.

With that, you can throw them into your own brand of crazy; whether it's being trapped in a haunted village, fighting an army of replica soldiers, planning a Christmas party, or just an endless erotic hell.

And yes of course, following the mechanics of the Universe, but I can understand for a complex world like Index, not everybody can get it right or even get the full details.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote