View Single Post
Old 2023-12-02, 23:08   Link #13
marvelB

Hm, it's interesting to see that Kizaru had such an active role in Kuma and Bonney's past. Coupled with his earlier reluctance to take down Sentoumaru, it really does seem like Oda's setting him up to follow in Kuzan's footsteps and turn on the government. Actually, it seems all three OG admirals will end up defying the elders at some point. Recall Sakazuki had even voiced his displeasure with them at the end of Dressrosa.... but in his case I think it's more likely he'd attempt a coup and take their spot as top dictator in charge, rather than dismantle the WG entirely. We know all too well that he isn't the type to sympathize with pirates (or pretty much anyone he views as "soft"), after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling that this is leading up to the moment where the Goa King gets assassinated? That's what came to mind, and knowing that Kuma was sent there and how Stelly is the current King of the Goa Kingdom, that might be what happened. Or at least part of it.
This is an interesting idea, and I could indeed see Kuma being connected in some way to the previous king's murder. However, I doubt he'll be the one who pulled off the deed in question, since he still has his humanity at this point (I mean, it doesn't seem he even finished off the king who terrorized his own homeland, so...). Maybe he'll end up causing some sort of distraction that leads to someone else taking advantage of the situation, thus resulting in Stelly gaining the crown?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote