View Single Post
Old 2010-02-04, 09:09   Link #181
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
It's not as bad as most gamers would claim. I actually liked it very much

The difference is that the second half focuses more on your Very Typical anime love-triangle between Welkin x Alicia x Faldio instead of the battles. They kept the main story and all the major events of the game, with pretty much the same ending. Naturally, the side-characters get a lot less screentime which (I believe) is understandable in an adaptation.
Anyway, it's not a bad series. IMHO some (dramatic) scenes are even better than in the original
I agree. The scene where Welkin cries over Isara's death was something the game lacked, and I feel it would have fitted in perfectly in the game. Dunno why it wasn't there in the first place...

Additionally, a better look at Rosie's childhood and why she hated Darcsens really fleshed out her character more, even if she was made a little more of a bitch in the anime. But can you really blame her after watching how her parents died?

Last, but not least, we got a pretty kickass fight between Alicia and Selvaria at Ghirlandaio, which I even used (partially) in my Lone Wulf fanfic. If you've read the 8th chapter, you'll understand what I mean. (lol, I sound like an advertisement here)

Overall, the anime had its own strengths in comparison to the game, but also had its weaknesses. I really wish they could've done an episode devoted to The Edy Detachment, but I guess that would've deprived from the central experience.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote