View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 09:50   Link #17
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I'm just a 17 year old (18 in January) that has recently started facing the harsh realities of life such as work, not being able to talk/meet with friends as much anymore, having to pay for things I don't want to pay for including a phone bill and weekly rent I give to my mum to support her (Well, I guess you could say I do want to pay that one lol) but the one thing I make sure to make time for and keep in my life is anime.

Over the past few years I've been keeping up with the new anime, watching between 20-30 anime a week and giving all the new ones a chance as well as sticking to my "Once I start it, I finish it" rule. I'm starting to realise that I can't keep doing that. It requires me to sacrifice sleep which then effects me at work the next day. I've been telling myself that I'm going to have to cut back on anime, no matter how much I don't want to simply because I can't keep up and handle the amount i'm watching no matter how much I'm enjoying them.

However, I do not intend to stop watching full stop, i'll make the time and sacrifice the little things to at least watch a few of what I love. Anime makes me happy, it really does. It does things that are amazing, including getting you attached to characters, making you emotional, sending goosebumps all around your body as you witness a death or an awesome action scene. It's even upset me a few times when a certain anime ends, but at the same time, it gives me hope that perhaps a second season will come or something similar. I'll probably grow up with anime and continue to love it.