Thread: Licensed Scryed (S-cry-ed)
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-16, 03:26   Link #76
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I was also enjoying the 1-2-3 nature of Kazuma's power since it was somewhat different from anything I'd seen before. It created an unusual rhythm and tactic to his battles. However I was completely unsurprised by his first powerup since I was expecting it from episode 1. The only question I had was when he'd powerup. As soon as he went into the Alter Forest, I knew it was powerup time. It was a shame really, since the upgraded alter was much less interesting.
Oh, i was fully expecting a powerup somewhere down the road - that much was obvious Though i was not particularly pleased with how they went about it. (The piece of that guy's spine he tore out got absorbed by his hand ? Yea ...). That aside - indeed, i liked his first stage a lot more. It was more interesting and thrilling to see him launch in to one of his crazy blitz attacks instead of flying forward with that propeller on his back The 'use limit' of the former was a nice touch as well. Hm, perhaps it is not so much that i dislike his 'power ups' per se, but i simply find his earlier version much more interesting to watch in combat

Quote:
Don't let that scare you. The story, amazingly, manages to stay fresh from beginning to end. It never has any pointless filler episodes nor repeats itself. It is the perfect length for the story that it is telling. If it was shorter, or longer, the show would not have been as good. Well... maybe it could have been better with another 3-5 episodes, but not more than that.

Yu Yu Hakusho stands with Flame of Recca as my two favorite shounen genre shows for good reason. Nothing else is quite as good as them.
Hum, might give it a shot then Personally i am more geared towards fantasy-adventure type stories (Erementar Gerad for example), but i can definitely enjoy a good brawl as well. With all the slower paced shows i am following now, some action flick is needed indeed. Yosh! Gonna give Yu Yu Hakusho a try.