View Single Post
Old 2011-10-13, 14:24   Link #88
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
Kiritsugu playing with the leylines of the underground system is what messes things up.
Kiritsugu didn't affect the mount Enzou itself. He made sure a convergence of leylines would make a bump, that will generate an earthquake towards the said Mount. In fact, he carefully planned that in order to PREVENT the next Holy Grail War. That's why the time frame he planned was precisely 40 years -the latest- which would prevent the fifth war in theory.
The prana wasn't converging to the location of the Great Grail.
Quote:
Ehmmm you are aware that what happens in the 3 routes of Fate stay night are not consecutive right ? They are 3 different possible endings to a unique stream line of events.
You were the one bringing the fact that "Avalon purified the grail", and I countered it with the context at hand. It is only in fate route that Shirou traced Avalon against the Grail, and in that route, he still destroyed the grail afterwards with Saber: heck, as already mentioned, Kotomine was still attacking him with the grail mud after Shirou managed to get the hell out of the mud. You can't call that purify at all. It can't be purified, period.

In the general perspective as already explained: In both Fate and UBW, Saber destroyed the vessel of the Lesser Grail, preventing the Greater Grail to spill its content to the world.
In HF, due to the number of irregularities (Zouken's doing, obviously), the Greater Grail was way much more of a threat, hence the intervention of Illysvael.

As explained already, what the characters are mainly dealing with is the -lesser- grail.
And by no means it was purified at all. Merely destroyed.

And I seriously don't think it is the correct thread to make a info dump where it doesn't connect Z and SN at all. It would actually fit the Game spoilers thread of SN. No need to clutter it more than necessary, and I did say overdone details are unwelcome.