Thread: Licensed Shokugeki no Soma [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2018-04-21, 00:17   Link #17436
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Soma helped her psychologically, nothing more. About cooking soma didn’t do anything for Erina’s dish that she couldn’t do on her own with the right amount of time. And the dish Erina served is superior to the one Soma created with her tips, which was already on the same level of Eishi. This means that Erina is able to create a dish that can defeat Eishi on her own, something that Isshiki, Megishima and Soma cannot do right now.
It’s simple logic, and weeks ago I was sure that Erina was absolutely inferior to Megishima and Isshiki (you can go and check if you want). However this match proved that Erina, now that has found her specialty, is a able to make a dish superior to Eishi’s ones. I’m not being a fanboy or whatever it is, I like Soma and I love seeing him winning, but this is logic, nothing more nor less.
Had Soma made a crappy food, and Erina made a superior dish, she will still lose the match. This applied the same to Soma's case. They need each other to win. I have no problem with Erina for being the 1st seat because she is definitely a better chef than Soma at this point.

I only have a problem with you that you think Soma doesn't deserve the 2nd seat because you think Isshiki and Megishima were better than Soma despite that they had a terrible showing in this arc. I feel that you didn't give Soma enough credit at here. Don't forget that even Azami has praised Soma's dishes for able to stand up against Eishi's true gourmet where Isshiki and Megishima had failed to do so.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote