View Single Post
Old 2009-01-14, 08:11   Link #19
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I feel like my life has meaning again.

Seriously, Fafner, Legend of Daikumaryu Gaiking, New Jeeg, Stargazer, GunxSword and King Gainer in one game is absolutely breath taking.

I am an absolutely huge fan of Soukyuu no Fafner for its story and mechs, Gaiking and Gainer easily have some of the most awesome themes to date. New Jeeg was surprisingly badass and GunxSword was highly enjoyable even disregarding the brilliance that was the El Dora 5. Something else interesting to notice though is this time they're doing Mazinger Z, which means no Tetsuya or Great Mazinger.

Also the plots of the series involved with the settings and the story translation seems to indicate the game will have a time skip, multiple worlds or time travel. Its pretty clear there are at least 3 time periods featured in this story.

Quote:
"Around 100 years ago, it was the time called C.E. (SEED)
People were able to travel to space etc etc etc but it was an age of war
50 years prior to that age, the Yamadai Ohkoku led by Himika ravaged the land but were stopped, In recent year, the discovery of Mimetic Beast have led to war and a healthy fear of the unknown by the populace.

The emergence of Coordinators lead into segregration with the Naturals and a war loomed between them and also amongst ZAFT itself (???)In all this, the villanous Dr. Hell have emerged to conquer the world.

It is now Year 105 of the Hoshi Reiki (not too sure but a new calendar system) that started after the end of all the war. Humanity have found peace but new dangers await.
"