View Single Post
Old 2003-12-05, 09:54   Link #1
Kid

Question Kaizoku-Fansubs, why leave out the credits?

I'm really a newbie when it comes to fansubs but, watching One Piece from Kaizoku-Fansubs, I come across a strange new situation. Why are the closing credits missing? *confused look*

So far, all the other fansubbed series I've been watching include the closing credits. But they are missing from the One Piece fansubs. I'll like to know the reason. (I'm not criticizing or demanding. I'm only curious as to why.) I'm a voice actor fan and I like to watch the closing credits to know who is responsible for voicing which character. It's kind of frustrating not having the closing credits to watch because One Piece has an amazing cast of primary as well as supporting characters and I have yet to find a site that lists all the parts and all the voice actors responsible.

On a more general note, may I ask the other fansub watchers on this forum..... do you care if the closing credits are included or not? Why..... if you do care and why not if you don't?

Sometimes closing credits are important. For instance Saiyuki Reload. Those who watch Saiyuki Reload will know why. *wink*

Anyway, generally, I feel that closing credits should be included. In much the same way that fansubbers always include their own credits crediting the people who timed, translated, checked, etc....... because they feel these people should be given credit for their hard work, I think it's important to leave the ***original*** credits which list the Japanese cast and crew intact.