View Single Post
Old 2004-12-20, 04:43   Link #8
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
Seeing as how these are designed to be viewed on your computer, I doubt anyone will do anything.
Is this is a rule set by God that can't be changed ?

I completely agree with RyuHayabusa and don't see why couldn't a few groups give some consideration to his request (that probably is the request of an ever increasing number of fans as the these players become more popular).

Personally I have a setup that allow me to connect the computer to the TV set and I'll always watch my fansubs on the TV.... but my Philips DVD-player with divix playing capabilities give me much better video quality.

Quote:
If you want to watch on TV, either a) recode the videos yourself, b) get a TV out adaptor or c) wait for the official DVDs to appear and go buy them.
Are you a speakperson for all the groups in the world ? If you have a group you can say "I don't care and my group won't do it" but I don't think you have the right to answer for every single group. Several of them already place the subs high enough to be seen with a DVD-player.

Quote:
And again, most groups I've seen are using XVID. And there as far as I know, no players that can officially play xvid 100% (just those that claim they can).
My Philips player only talks about divx in the manual, but plays xvid perfectly.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote