View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 09:47   Link #5886
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Because the original basis isn't there anymore and after what Orb has been through, they might really need it.
The original basis is that NJC allows nuclear weapons. That is always there.

The fact of the matter is, we still never saw Orb using nuclear weapons. Even Akatsuki is not nuclear powered.

So, no, you have no basis at all to say that Kira/Lacus would share the NJC technology.
Quote:
The first time, EA attacked Junius Seven and didn't think ZAFT could respond with N-Jammer (Bloody Valentine Incident)
The second time EA attacked they didn't realise ZAFT could respond with GENESIS (Battle of Boaz and Second Battle of Jachin Due)
The third time EA attacked ZAFT they still didn't think ZAFT could respond with the Neutron Stampeder.
The EA attacked ZAFT after each of the 2 GENESIS shots in SEED.
Quote:
This doesn't suggest the actions of someone who doesn't care about the consequences. The only thing it suggests is that LOGOS is full of retards.
Well, regardless of what you may think of their intelligence, these are the kind of people who are in charge of the EA.
Quote:
I don't know where you're getting this. From what I remember, the EA withdrew their fight in space after the failed Nuclear attack and the next time we heard of anything, Yzak or someone else was telling Ahrun that they EA and ZAFT were basically having a staring contest ever since.
SEED phases 48-49 (using the original episode numbers).
Quote:
Yes, that it what i said. But nowhere did I say they thought the entire invasion was worth it in the end. The original decision to invade can't be worth it when the main thing you end up accomplishing is preventing a problem caused by the invasion itself. That makes no sense.
When you don't think something is worth it, you cut your losses, you don't spend more effort on something that's not worth it, especially when you're still in the middle of fighting a war.
Quote:
the costs were already accrued
And occupying Orb means additional cost of troops stationed there.
Quote:
I don't see any reason why i should respond to it after all.
Because it tells you what kind of people Orb is dealing with and why joining the Alliance is not some unreasonable decision that Orb made.
Quote:
And? I don't think Orb was ever under any illusion that it would in the first place, hence why they put so much focus into developing their military. That's not the issue at all.
Of course it is, because while they may have known that they are weaker, after their defeat, they definitely know for sure.

And without leaders like Uzumi, it's no wonder why they would try a different solution.
Quote:
Like I said, Athrun specifically shot down the argument to escalate things.
Yes, Athrun, but Athrun doesn't speak for all of ZAFT.
Quote:
But Yzak wasn't in command and Orb trusted that ZAFT didn't have idiots in command. Even Yzak acknowledged it wouldn't have been a good idea. In any case Orb doesn't know about Yzak's imbecile remarks so they're free to think they successfully deterred ZAFT.
Again, it's only 1 ship.
Quote:
It was a PR stunt dude.

When Yuna was confronted with this by one of his men, he was asked what he expected since everyone knew it was an obvious lie. Yuna responded by drawing parallel to the time when they lied about Archangel in Episode 25 of SEED as another PR stunt.
Exactly. They used a lie both times because they couldn't stand on their own power. Orb has no actual means to deter an enemy if that enemy wants to attack.
Quote:
Okay, but the original point was that Orb had already deterred ZAFT once. If it was successful then the fact that Uzumi is gone doesn't necessarily mean there has to be a difference.[/SPOILER]
Except there is a difference: ZAFT did attack them in Destiny.

And you know why? Because this time ZAFT had proof of Orb's lie and Orb is no longer facing just 1 ship. When all is said and done, Orb once again found out that they had nothing substantial to deter an attack.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote