View Single Post
Old 2009-02-03, 15:47   Link #297
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Because of pride...?
I fail to see how parents would sacrifice themselves for a child out of pride, especially considering character like Nagisa.

I seriously question this statement here: the life of a child is nothing like a possession or whatnot, it doesn't have anything to do a random pride of some old fashioned family that need offspring for their bloodline.
It has nothing to do with this. I'm quite astonished that you can even consider that kind of explanation.

"So? The ends didn't justify the means." I'm sorry, but it wasn't never a "trade off" to begin with. It isn't like you lost something to gain something else. it is a complete another level.
And not considering the consequences? I believe episode 15 and their promise was nothing of a red herring: they did consider as well the worst case scenario and thought about that. Tomoya was almost flinching for abortion, but Nagisa couldn't accept that (and any mother with that cruel dilemna wouldn't choose "abortion" all the time. That is silly, it is depending of each individual).