View Single Post
Old 2010-11-04, 02:23   Link #15
Undertaker

While I love the anime adaption, Ayase's character does get destroyed a bit in this episode due to removed information on her background.

She's precisely the product of parents. My issue with this event lies in in the original novel material. While the novel did a good job on explaining why she would view ACG that way. As I mentioned in the Ep 5 thread, I can't shake the feeling that Ayase and Kirino are not "real" friend. I thought the novel went a bit too far on having Kyosuke takes the fall and telling her that he is in love with Kirino. Sure the scene is hilarious, but once the fun pasts it just make the whole thing felt a bit disconnected and discredits Ayase and Kirino's friendship.

I mean, like Kyosuke mentioned a bit early in their conversation, if they are real friend, why can she attempt to understand Kirino's hobby. Especially when all her reason for rejecting ACG was countered by Kyosuke and Kirino made it clear that she wanted to make up with Ayase. It really seem a bit inconsistent to the personality that she show earlier where she is portrayed an understanding, well-mannered, nice girl even if she is a bit stubborn.