View Single Post
Old 2011-02-26, 07:20   Link #1030
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Magnus it's just silly to say he was forced into this ending because you don't like it, he has done bittersweet endings before. I expected this from Ranka fans but not you, you don't have to like the ending, that's fine I personally despise how Umineko ended, but don't say stuff like that.

Can anyone confirm if Aquarion and Arjuna had bittersweet endings btw?
Wait wait wait...I dislike this conflating of Macross with Escaflowne that's been going on here (not mentioned in your post, but which is something your post grew out of). When I pointed out that Kawamori didn't WRITE a single episode of Frontier, I was roundly criticized for that position, since (the argument went) as chief director, he had control over everything, and thus should take the blame.

But then, when I pointed out that he didn't direct Escaflowne, I was roundly criticized for that position, since (the argument went) the scriptwriter has great sway over what finally ends up on screen.

You can't have it both ways. If Kawamori is going to take the credit or blame for Escaflowne's ending, he shouldn't for Frontier, and vice-versa.