View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 00:46   Link #517
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
How can you be sure? Excali-beam is an attack just like Nine lives. Look Shirou use the slab of stone and still is still capable to kill Black Berserker. And that piece of slab stone doesn't have the rank of noble phantasm whatsoever. It only hurts the servant because berserker is the one holding it and swings it around. And the reason why shirou can use that slab of stone and kill the servant because the weapon "memorize" Berserker strength and movement in other words Shirou is a fake berserker right now and so that's why he can still other servant with that slab piece of rock.
It's a little different. Excali-beam is an attack where the user fill up the sword with huge amount of mana, which, when completely filled up, packs all the mana into one single highly-concentrated peak at the tip of the sword allowing the user to swing it out.

Meanwhile, Nine-Lives is more like an enchantment that concentrates mana within an artifact to give it a boost in both mystic and (probably)power.

Think of Nine-Lives as something similar to God Hand--it enchants an object to give it a huge amount of mystic, making it function like a Noble Phantasm, the same thing like the previous Berserker, but only with limitations. (only that slab of stone is compatible instead of light post and fighter jets, or perhaps anything that is related to Hercules is compatible?)

I'm still not too sure about that as the game didn't specify them--I only deduced these with logic and imagination(more of the later). That's why I said "ask Nasu" in the end...

Quote:
If Nine lives attack rank retain despite being executed with legendary bow that kill Hydra in consecutive shots to that traced slab piece of rock used to vanquished a weaker version of Heracles, why not the rank of Excali-beam attack executed with an almost perfect copy(-1 rank version) for the sword?.
Nine-Lives is weaker after traced. Since we don't know the original rank of it, it might just be rank Ex. Also, Black Berserker does not process reviving ability because the darkness consumes and corrupts any mystic. And since the reviving part of God Hand is simply a multilayered revival magic, it got destroyed the moment he's eaten Black. Black Berserker only have one life, if I recall everything correctly.

-Or perhaps Black Berserker lost his tough body...who knows?-

Also, it is impossible for Shirou, who has even less mana than Archer, to unleash Excalibur. Unlike Archer, who has just enough mana to do so, Shirou would drain his mana reserve in the process of filling up the sword(and collapse?).
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote