Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-04, 12:30   Link #34
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(i.e. Sora's path in the game is only unlocked after you complete the other main routes, as you need to know some of that backstory first.)
Not to nitpick , but you only needed to complete one (any) route in order to unlock Sora's

But yeah, this will obviously face the same old issue most VN transitions do - doing justice to all the heroines, while not overstepping certain boundaries (which potentially cuts down how much they can do with each route, depending how romance-related it is) so they can still wrap it up with a conclusive ending. Personally i prefer the approach when an anime focuses on a single heroine without bothering much to "do justice to the others" (Lamune), but i can see why that would leave some people unhappy.

At any rate, given the way the stories of these people connect within their gang, i would say it shouldn't be too hard to make an adaptation which focuses on the perceived main girl, while doing justice to the other stories at the same time. Obviously, how the staff handles it remains to be seen, but Yosuga no Sora is probably a fairly forgiving title to work with in that regard.