View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 12:22   Link #33
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
You didn't read my post entirely, did you?

1. At no point did I mention Railgun manga
2. In both TAMNI manga and anime, Touma tells Index that he CAN stop railguns. I even gave you the chapter and page numbers.
Obviously, he has stoped the railgun before the bridge scene in anime and manga(which, as novels confirmed, was NOT their first meeting). Hopefuly, BT will translate novel #1, chapter 1 soon so we will be able to confirm if what he said to Index is canon.
3. If the scene with Index was translated well, then Touma doesn't nulify the ability, but the effect of the ability. Thus, he can nulify the acceleration created by psychic abilities. The difference betewen a coin and the objects that Accelerator threw at him is the fact that even if he stops those objects, some of them might fall on him.
Watch the 1st episode one more time. The coin fired by her Railgun never hit Toma, it just pass him. The manga quote was a mistake made by Hidoi translations. Also i confirmed this with other people who have read light novels in other forums and read the prologue chapter in the 1st novel myself, so let make this clear, I not gonna repeat this again, what i say is final and what most of us in this forum who read and watch To Aru Majustu no Index and it's sides stories agree.

Toma can never block Mikoto's Railgun. He will either get injured or die from it. Your sources are incorrect and your just assuming by your own conclusions. THIS THE FINAL TIME I GONNA SAY IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD HAS SAID BEFORE:

Toma. Cannot. Block. Mikoto's. Railgun.

No more questions. That's it. Over. Zip it.