View Single Post
Old 2010-11-01, 03:09   Link #18260
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Thought of something random just now, as an explanation of the often-debated Kinzo Preservation issue.

What if Battler also inherited the six toe thing from Kinzo? Wouldnt that make it possible for him to be the charred corpse in Episodes 1 and 4? And in that regard, he'd either be like a Sixth Sense type of detective, or also our Battler may just be a fake who's been given that name?

We've never had it confirmed in red that the charred corpse is Kinzo, after all. It just has the identifying feature of those six toes marking him as such.

Dude that's like the only person I've never heard a theory of having six toes for. I've heard Rudolf, Hideyoshi, Kanon, etc. Never Battler. I love you for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Well there's the problem of Beato 2 still.
From arc 1 we know that Beatrice of the portrait is definitively not asian looking and truly blonde, according to Battler.
Now we learn that Kinzo saw Beato 2 as Beato 1 reborn and that they looked exactly the same. It's not about what's shown to us on screen but what's told to us. Battler's inner thoughts in arc 1 can be definitively taken as evidence that Jessica's hair isn't really blonde. More to the point, if Beato 2 was Kinzo and Beato 1's daughter, it seems pretty impossible she'd look exactly like her mother. Sometimes very recessive genes can make the child of an asian and a caucasian look more like a caucasian, that's true, but outside of albinism I never heard of such a child having blue eyes and blonde hair just like her mother.

Of course there's somewhat silly ways to turn around that. Maybe Beato 2 looked exactly like her mother outside of the eyes and hair, and so Kinzo had experimental 1952 contact lenses (hey he is Kinzo after all) and made her wear a wig. There's also probably more coherent answers: Either Ryukishi didn't think this through or simply, Beato 1 was already pregnant by the time she met Kinzo, but Kinzo (and possibly herself) wasn't aware of it and so Kinzo assumed it was his own child, and would add more to the belief it was her reincarnation.
I think we are to beleive Kinzo is albino or that he has a gene where his hair turns white at a young age. Like the Sumaderas. And his kids apparently don't have it since they take after their mother, but him and Beato could have the gene. Beyond that people on this island will beleive they see a minotaur goat if you wear a goat mask so mistaking albino for blonde is not beyond Kinzo or the Ushiromiyas at all.

But hey the purple eyes argument makes a good point! none of it is really realistic. It's just anime logic. Things like white hair and purples eyes are generally things that mark personality. Purple eyes and white hair generally are there to apply "mystique" or "mysteriousness" to a character. Red eyes on Zombie Kanon is representing "evil" or "the enemy". It doesn't really mean anything it's just there to differentiate people.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote