View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 23:57   Link #2077
jyle_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbito View Post
Okay, I've read through the first 62 pages so forgive me if someone brought this up later and I missed it.

It seems no one has pointed out one interpretation of the origami crane. In recent years the origami crane is closely associated with a wish for WORLD PEACE. And what was Nunnally and Euphie's dearest wish that Lelouch and Suzaku were trying to achieve? A peaceful world where everyone can live with their loved ones. Which, so far, seems to have been achieved through the Zero Requiem.

I also think Lelouch is dead. C.C.'s words: "The Power of Kings, called Geass, will make people lonely. I suppose that wasn't quite true. Right, Lelouch?" can also be interpreted to mean that in the end he wasn't alone. Nunnally understood and loved him, Suzaku was still his friend and cried for him, Jeremiah supported him, Sayoko, Lloyd, Cecile, and Nina all supported his aims, Kallen, Todou, and Kaguya understood what he was trying to do at the last moment, and C.C. understood and supported him until the end (well, and Millay and Rivalz worried about him). But even though he died as a villain, hated by most of the world, the people close to him were still there . . . so he was not truly alone. As much as he tried to distance himself, and make others hate him, he was still loved. Sidenote: it's also possible for C.C. to be truly loved (whether by Lelouch or not is beside the point) . . . if she lives long enough, she can still achieve her dream of being loved by others. He gave her back her hope. (For Nunnally, initially the cranes were for her wish of being cured when she folded 1000, right? C.C. still has a ways to go before achieving her wish.)

Well, and I think she might have been talking to him in the World of C. Was it ever explained how Charles was able to talk to dead Clovis? And C.C. did say she would see Mao in "the World of C." So there must be some way to communicate with the dead if you have a Geass . . . (remember, the collective unconscious of mankind - also, in Charles' plan everyone would be able to be united with the dead so they must still exist in some form in the CG universe) either that or the people in CG sure like to talk to themselves a lot.

Also, Nunnally figured out what her brother was up to before the flashback (see her widening eyes as she realizes he's going to be killed by "Zero" who I'm sure she recognizes as Suzaku.) I think the flashback was just the animators using shorthand to convey to us that Nunnally had grasped her brother's thought process, not that she actually saw all those events take place. After all, she was going to do the same thing herself with Damocles - direct all the world's hatred there - so it's not like they're really all that different in the way they think. She also wanted to "take all the sins" upon herself which is why she was willing to do something as terrible as using FLEIJA.

Well, feel free to disagree, but these are the conclusions I came to.

abt the nunnally part, she's just used to feeling ppl's real thoughts by holding their hands.
jyle_t is offline   Reply With Quote