View Single Post
Old 2009-08-05, 10:46   Link #2037
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah, interesting. Strike Witches was, like, my test case for "once Crunchyrolled, ever DVD'd?". Will be curious to see if they take the sub-only route given the economic slump like Kannagi did.
I thought they'd try for sub-only release too, but apparently Funimation has a policy of never, ever doing sub-only releases. Their track record holds true to this. They've even done dubs for similarly niche shows like Nanoha+Nanoha A's. So if they did do a sub-only release, it'd be quite odd and unprecedented for the company. People tell me it's pretty unlikely...like, 100% unlikely.

The pure surreality of SW getting an English dub is still sinking into my mind, though.

Also, unlike other R1 anime companies, Funimation doesn't seem to be in a slump:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tions-in-sales

Quote:
Navarre Corporation, the corporate parent of the anime licensing and distribution company Funimation, announced its better-than-expected financial results for the first three months of the 2010 fiscal year ending on June 30, 2009. Navarre Chief Executive Officer Cary Deacon partly credited the results to "Funimation's stronger than anticipated sales of anime DVDs as well as a US$1.75 million agency fee resulting from a royalty advance paid for the licensing of Dragon Ball videogame rights to Bandai."
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote