View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 10:40   Link #35144
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
I have the easy answer for that actually. We never really meant anything after PotB to be an "after story", there is no real "main" arc to our timeline. I think, in fact, that if you look at the whole timeline in scope of what the HxV Files is trying to cover, the actual moment of them becoming a couple is one of the least important personal events. Sure, it was the spark that led to a whole mess of things later, but compared to the many trials down their road, it's just not something either of us want to focus on.
I understand that it's not uncommon for fics to have the story told after the confession/engagement/marriage, especially if it's between two characters where readers would automatically agree "yeah, that could work."

The problem is that, for me at least, HayatexVivio is not exactly the most plausible of pairings, and I still have trouble imagining just how the hell that happened - and until the convincing "how" finally gets written, I will most likely stay like that. The writers undoubtedly already know how, either in just broad strokes or maybe to the tiniest of details, but I as a reader simply don't.

The unfortunate end is that whenever I read these "after stories", I could never shake off the implausibility and can only react with "whatever works for the odd couple, I guess"