Thread: Licensed Nurarihyon no Mago
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 08:32   Link #1052
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
I know that's why I hate WSJ. After Psyren and especially Double Arts I have quite the deep seated grudge against them. Beelzebub is all I am interseted in.
I started to despise their model as well. To make it worse, they have failed to find new hits... and who knows how many canceled series might have become popular had they gotten more time -_-

Quote:
The thing I wonder is. Weren't the tankoubon sales quite high for Nura. I always though even if the ranking are low as long as the sales are high enough you are safe or at worst moved to another magazine. Why outright cancel Nura?
I guess it was because Tank sales were gradually falling. Still, I think they should have waited to see how well the Gokadoin arc would have sold.

I agree tough it is weird that it wasn't moved to SQ. Now that Ao no Exorcist has become popular, SQ has a lot of readers who like youkai and demons, perfect audience for Nura.

On other hand, Hiroshi isn't trying to even end the HM side of the story and neither is he ignoring them (mind you that he would have known about cancellation weeks and gotten warnings months before). There is a chance that he wants to end the Seimei side of the story and Rikuo's story and start a fresh sequel of spin-off in SQ. Getting a daughter is good enough reason to want to be moved to SQ, not to mention that its audience would be more fitting.