View Single Post
Old 2010-11-01, 22:57   Link #321
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Plus I don't think Alto is the type to call someone a "slut" or "bitch". He was definitely referring to her way of dressing.
I prefer "exhibitionist" myself, meaning-wise...it's just a bit of a mouthful for an insult in a verbal argument like they were having. But "skank" would work.

For THORA viewers, caught a somewhat serious mistranslation at ~15mins (Michel's warning) => "The way you are now, you'll either get yourself or someone else killed one day" (more literally: "one day, you'll die or kill someone else.")

Interesting smile on Alto's face here (~18:25)
Spoiler for pic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Ranka
I just noticed it from re-watching episodes one-three again and Ranka didn't really react to Gilliam's death even though she was there, and even after Alto tells Ranka that the pilot who died is really the person that she should be thanking, she never bothers to find out from Ozma who Gilliam was, and instead tries to find out who the pilot who is as "pretty as a princess" was. There is also the fact that she basically saw the same things Alto did that day and yet she doesn't seem affected by it (unlike Alto). However, once she saw her Ozma injured she reacted, but when it was other people in trouble she doesn't react. Its a discerning thing to notice.
Interesting observation. Certainly something to think about as we keep watching...(Hm...did you perhaps mean "disconcerting" instead of "discerning"?)

And commentary episode again next!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote